Apply for a Scholarship
The Pay It Forward Fund began in 2011 to lend a helping hand to students through scholarships. Since 2011, the Pay It Forward Fund has distributed 33 college scholarships totaling $104,000 to children here locally in the community. The Pay It Forward Fund Scholarships will be awarded in the amount up to $5,000 per recipient. Scholarship awards will be based on demonstrated leadership skills, active involvement in extracurricular activities and community service and need.
The goal for each recipient of these scholarships will be to
“pay it forward” and pass along
a good deed to another family in need.
Together we can unite and turn one family’s generosity into a
blessing to share with countless others.
- Any high school senior planning to attend a post-secondary institution, or a student that is currently attending a post-secondary institution.
- Applicants should show demonstrated leadership skills and active involvement in extracurricular activities and community service.
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 is required.
- Applicants must be an Isle of Wight County, Yorktown, or Newport News, VA resident.
- Applicants who have previously received this scholarship are not eligible.
The Scholarship Process:
- Complete the student application online before April 15th.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Applicants must send a copy of their transcript to email@example.com
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 1st.
Ready to Apply?